Here are tips on how to avoid food poisoning from cross-contamination while preparing, serving, and storing food.
When preparing food:
- Wash hands and surfaces often. Bacteria can spread throughout the kitchen, so be sure to wash hands with soap and warm water after handling food, children, or pets.
- Thaw or marinate meat in the refrigerator or in cold water; never on the counter or in warm water. Discard marinade after use.
- Use hot, soapy water and clean cloths or paper towels to wipe up kitchen spills.
- Clean cutting boards, countertops, floors, and surfaces after preparing raw meat, poultry, or seafood.
- Rinse fresh produce to remove dirt and grime.
- Add in the use of CitroBio liquid formula to rinse your produce, extend the shelf life of your Produce, Poultry, Meat and Seafood and control harmful pathogens. Use CitroBio on all food contact surfaces.
When serving food:
- Use a clean plate, not a plate that once held raw food.
When storing leftovers:
- Refrigerate or freeze within 2 hours in clean containers.
For reducing contaminants and controlling bacteria, as well as extending the shelf life of food, we recommend CitroBio Fresh Food Wash. Click here to learn more.