Avocados have quickly increased in popularity in the past several years. A healthy fat, avocados are a fabulous part of a balanced diet. Guacamole is an easy, crowd-pleasing way to fit more avocado into your day. Read on to see how easy it is to make this healthy, yummy dip!
- 3 ripe Hass avocados, washed, peeled and pit removed
- 1/4 Red onion, washed and grated
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro, washed and chopped
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder (or fresh garlic, crushed or minced)
- Juice of 1 lime (wash first)
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 small tomato, washed, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons salsa verde
- 1/2 Teaspoon hot sauce (Cholula is our favorite!)
- 1 Jalapeno - washed, removed and chopped (optional) or use a few picked jalapeno slices
- Mash avocado in a large bowl using a fork. Add lime juice, salt, hot sauce, and garlic powder and continue mashing until you like the consistency.
- Stir in the onion, cilantro, tomato, salsa verde, hot sauce, and jalapeno.
- Taste and season as needed.
- Serve immediately or cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Keeps for 2-3 days in the fridge.