Scallops are a tasty and healthy part of a well-balanced diet. Today we bring you a different kind of recipe, one that involves pan seared scallops in a bacon corn chowder soup. This is the perfect dinner for those cold winter nights. The serving size is for 4 people and takes no longer than 40 minutes.
What you will need:
• 5 slices of bacon, diced
• ½ cup dry white wine
• 1 ½ lb. sea scallops patted dry
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1 small yellow onion
• ½ cup heavy cream
• ½ pound Yukon gold potatoes peeled and diced
• 1 cup corn kernels
• ¼ cup chopped parsley
1) In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp over medium heat. Once done, remove from skillet.
2) Using the bacon grease and added olive oil if necessary, increase heat to med/high and cook scallops (seasoned with salt and pepper) until golden brown (about 2 minutes each side) and remove.
3) Add onion to remaining grease and cook until translucent.
4) Add potatoes, wine, broth, and cream to skillet. Cover pan and reduce heat letting soup simmer until potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes.)
5) Add scallops and corn and simmer gently to heat through.
6) Lastly sprinkle your bacon and parsley over your scallops and corn chowder.
Hopefully you enjoy this meal as much as we do and remember CitroBio is a handy way to clean surfaces and utensils, making sure they are bacteria free. Also, if you have any remaining scallops, make sure to spray with CitroBio solution, pack in a tightly sealed bag, and place in the freezer.